This site is intended for photographers interested in the digital darkroom
and aspire to make high quality images using the full version of Adobe Photoshop
(e.g. CS2). It contains information about film and digital photography and
key Adobe Photoshop controls used in digital photography. The hope of this
web site is to help those with an understanding of the mechanics and assist them
in applying those mechanics to their images in order to take their image making
abilities to a higher level.
This web site is not intended for those just getting started in Photoshop.
This site assumes you have a basic understanding of the following Photoshop
- Opening and saving image files.
- Making basic selections using the marquee, lasso and magic wand tools.
- Creating and using layer masks.
- The concept of Photoshop panels.
- And you are a fervent believer and user of adjustment layers.
Some of the basic skills you can learn from this web site are as follows.
- Digital photography file formats. You can learn about file formats on
the File Format page.
- The Layers panel. You can learn about the Layers panel on the
Layers Panel page.
- Pixels, channels, profiles, color spaces and other digital photography
concepts. A variety of digital topics are discussed on the
Digital Photography topics pages.